* * MS. ROSEN'S ENGLISH CLASS * *
Let's be clear here, I hope you know that while I'm your teacher, it's all about Y-O-U! YOU.
Whether it's what you're reading about, writing about, thinking about, or in discussion about, I'm constantly reminded - given the unique ideas you generate with such persistence - of the following:
- YOU're going to impress the world - here as students, and as participants in the "real world" (society)
- YOU have the wise, powerful "voices" that others can surely benefit from hearing (especially unhip older folks like me)
- YOU take care of others, including both people and your surrounding environments (your community, this valley, these mountains, etc.)
- YOU have the kind of daring to take action and make "real" changes happen, so that the entire world around us is a "better" - more peaceful and inspiring, happier and safer...you name it - place for everyone.
So, let's make sure that what YOU do in our class helps you sharpen these assets you come to our classroom equipped with.
I firmly believe, and hope you do too, in the process of exploration and adventure through texts. Using all of these "-ings" through this process, like reading, writing, thinking (questioning and reflecting), and discussing - which are all part of the goings on of your English + Language Arts classes - will only further enhance your lively selves!
Let's see it: show off the evidence of what your minds and spirits are made of in
Ms. Rosen's, and YOUR,